The IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) seeks nominations for its awards that recognize and honor individuals, companies, and IEEE sections that have made significant contributions to engineering and technical education. The deadline for nominations is 30 April for the following eight awards:
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Accreditation Activities—for efforts that foster the maintenance and improvement of education through the accreditation process.
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Continuing Education—for contributions to the design, delivery, and support of continuing education courses and programs in the IEEE fields of interest.
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Informal Education—for IEEE members who volunteer their time in public educational settings such as museums, parks, zoos, and aquariums and serve as librarians, docents, tour guides, curators, board members, or technical advisors. This award recognizes their impact on teachers, students, and the public.
- Major Educational Innovation Award—for outstanding educational innovations that have had a major impact and have been emulated by others.
- Pre-University Educator Award—for current pre-university classroom teachers who have inspired an appreciation of mathematics, science, and technology and the engineering process. Pre-university teachers who have encouraged students to pursue technical careers are also recognized through this award.
- Meritorious Service Citation—for IEEE volunteers who have given outstanding and sustained service to the aims and objectives of the Educational Activities Board.
- Employer Professional Development Award—for organizations employing IEEE members and their contributions to their employees’ continuing education and professional development.
- Section Professional Development Award—for major contributions to the professional development of its members through the provision of outstanding products, services and support in the areas of lifelong learning, continuing education, and professional development.
For award descriptions, honorarium details, nomination packets, or information on the 2007 EAB Award recipients, visit http://www.ieee.org/eab-awards.