On 1 May, the IEEE Board of Directors is scheduled to announce the names of all candidates to be placed on this year’s ballot. The ballot will include candidates for IEEE president-elect, who are nominated by the board, as well as nominees for delegate-elect/director-elect openings, submitted by their respective division and region nominating committees. The candidates for 2013 IEEE president-elect have already been announced.
The ballot also includes nominees for president-elect and members-at-large of the IEEE Standards Association board of governors; vice president–elect, IEEE Technical Activities; and president-elect and member-at-large, IEEE-USA. The IEEE Board of Directors is also responsible for placing proposed constitutional amendments on the ballot.
IEEE members who have not been nominated but want to run for office must submit their intention to petition to the IEEE Board of Directors. It must be received at the IEEE Operations Center, in Piscataway, N.J., by 15 April. Petitions must be accompanied by the necessary number of valid voting members’ signatures, and the petitioner must meet other requirements as well.
UP FOR ELECTION IN 2013
Chosen by all voting members
- IEEE president-elect
Chosen by members of all technical divisions
- IEEE Technical Activities vice president–elect
Chosen by members of the respective technical divisions
- IEEE Division II delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Division IV delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Division VI delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Division VIII delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Division X delegate-elect/director-elect
Chosen by members of the respective regions
- IEEE Region 1 delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Region 3 delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Region 5 delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Region 7 delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Region 9 delegate-elect/director-elect
Chosen by members in Regions 1–6
- IEEE-USA president-elect
- IEEE-USA member-at-large
Chosen by members of the IEEE Standards Association
- IEEE Standards Association president-elect
- IEEE Standards Association board of governors members-at-large
DEADLINES AT A GLANCE
Deadline for organizational units to submit slates of candidates to the IEEE Board of Directors for inclusion on the annual election ballot
Deadline for submitting intention to petition for an office on the annual election ballot
IEEE Board of Directors submits to the voting membership a list of nominees for IEEE president-elect; delegate-elect/director-elect, as applicable; and other positions to be elected by voting members for the coming term. The board also announces whether it intends to put forward any constitutional amendments.
Petition signatures nominating an individual for placement on the annual election ballot must be received by noon EDT USA/16:00 UTC.
IEEE annual election ballots are sent to all voting members on record as of 30 June. Voters can also begin accessing their ballots electronically.
Ballots must be received by noon CDT USA/17:00 UTC.