On 1 May, the IEEE Board of Directors is scheduled to announce the candidates to be placed on this year’s ballot for the annual election of officers, which will begin on 17 August. Those elected will take office next year. The ballot includes candidates for IEEE president-elect, who are nominated by the board, as well as nominees for delegate-elect/director-elect openings submitted by their respective division and region nominating committees.
The ballot also includes nominees for president-elect of the IEEE Standards Association and the members-at-large of its board of governors; vice president–elect, IEEE Technical Activities; and president-elect and member-at-large, IEEE-USA.
IEEE members who want to run for an office but have not been nominated need to submit a petition to the IEEE Board of Directors. The petition must include the necessary number of valid voting members’ signatures, and the petitioner must meet other requirements as well. Petitions should be sent to the IEEE Operations Center, in Piscataway, N.J. The IEEE Board of Directors is also responsible for placing any proposed constitutional amendments on the ballot.
UP FOR ELECTION IN 2015
Chosen by all voting members
- IEEE president-elect
Chosen by members of all technical societies
- IEEE Technical Activities vice president–elect
Chosen by members of the respective technical divisions
- IEEE Division II delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Division IV delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Division VI delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Division VIII delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Division X delegate-elect/director-elect
Chosen by members of the respective regions
- IEEE Region 1 delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Region 3 delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Region 5 delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Region 7 delegate-elect/director-elect
- IEEE Region 9 delegate-elect/director-elect
Chosen by members in Regions 1–6
- IEEE-USA president-elect
- IEEE-USA member-at-large
Chosen by members of the IEEE Standards Association
- Standards Association president-elect
- Standards Association board of governors members-at-large
DEADLINES AT A GLANCE
Deadline for organizational units to submit slates of candidates to the IEEE Board of Directors for inclusion on the annual election ballot.
Deadline for submitting an intention to file a petition to run for an office on the annual election ballot.
IEEE Board of Directors submits to the voting membership a list of nominees for IEEE president-elect, delegate-elect/director-elect, as applicable, and other positions to be elected by voting members for the term to come. The board also announces whether it intends to put forward any constitutional amendments.
Signed petitions nominating an individual for placement on the annual election ballot must be received by noon EDT USA/16:00 UTC.
Annual election ballots are sent to all voting members on record as of 30 June. Voters may also begin accessing their ballots electronically.
Marked ballots must be received by 1 p.m. EDT USA/17:00 UTC.