Look for your annual election ballot package to arrive in August, a month earlier than usual. The new date is one of several deadline changes to the annual election process that take effect this year [see “Election Deadlines”]. All eligible voting members will receive via first-class mail a paper ballot and a postage-paid reply envelope. Included with the material will be information about how to access and return ballots electronically.
New members as of 30 June, as well as those elevated to member or graduate student member grades on or before that date, are eligible to vote.
The usual booklet with the candidates’ biographies will be mailed only to members who voted by paper ballot in last year’s election and to those who chose to have the booklet mailed to them this year in their Web accounts’ member preferences. The booklet will not be mailed to members who submitted their ballot electronically, did not vote in last year’s election, or updated their Web accounts’ member preference specifying no booklet.
- IEEE annual election ballots are sent to all voting members by this date.
- Last day for ballots to be received from members, by noon Central Daylight Time USA (17:00 GMT).
- Last day for Tellers Committee to announce vote tally to IEEE Board of Directors.
- Unofficial results are reported.
- IEEE Board of Directors acts to accept report of Tellers Committee.
- Annual election results are made official.