IEEE Collabratec has upgraded and added several features to help its more than 80,000 technology professionals network, collaborate, and create. Users can now easily discover others in their fields of interest, along with research articles, job listings, and a host of other IEEE products and services. The features include:
- Site navigation: The updated menu helps users find resources, online groups, and events more quickly and easily.
- Cloud storage: The integration of cloud-storage service Box makes it simple to create, store, edit, and collaborate on documents such as research articles and an agenda for an upcoming meeting.
- Multimedia: Users now can add videos and photos to their posts to increase visibility of their projects or better engage with the community.
- Comments: The improved commenting feature makes it simple to follow a conversation and keep it going. Users can now engage with individual commenters directly, instead of posting to the entire group.
- Alerts: Users can better manage their notifications about new postings and comments, specifying what they want to receive updates about.
- Custom profile widget: The new widget can be embedded on a user’s professional website, such as LinkedIn, to make it easier for people to connect with them on IEEE Collabratec. By clicking on the widget, others can access the IEEE Collabratec user’s bio, recent projects, and activities.
Kristen Mahan is an online community specialist with IEEE Member and Geographic Activities, in Piscataway, N.J., and a member of the IEEE Collabratec development team.