Here are the top five recommendations for improving IEEE, worded as they were voted upon by the 294 primary section delegates at the IEEE Sections Congress, held 22–24 August in Amsterdam.
- Include free access to the IEEE [Xplore] Digital Library as a member benefit. Promote other IEEE services and products based on their usage and preferences (adopt Google business model).
- Develop an incentive and recognition program for companies that invest in full or partial support of their employees’ IEEE membership dues.
- Introduce loyalty rewards such as publication access, conference fees, [and] standards for continued membership.
- Provide a tool to build, promote, record, host, and broadcast technical events at the local level and make them available to IEEE members.
- Enhance vTools for better usability by volunteers and provide a training program to the sections.